Insert with fields and text

Printed From: Crystal Reports Book — Forum Name: Technical Questions

We need to insert 2 text fields and 2 fields from another table.  When I mix the text and fields I always get an error so what is the best way to do this?  We can clear the table before we insert data if needed but prefer not to.

We need to import as below and we need it to repeat 5 times on inv.i_id (Col1) for data 2 through 6:
text 1, Col1, text 2, Col2
text 1, Col1, text 3, Col2
text 1, Col1, text 4, Col3
text 1, Col1, text 5, Col3
text 1, Col1, text 6, Col3

Insert into TBL1 ("type","key", T_N, T_V)
 SELECT '22', inv.i_id, 'Met', inv.l_d  
    FROM INVENTOR
        LEFT JOIN inv  ON inv.i_id = "key"

We are getting an error on the join. I am guessing from the key being used as the col name but it is the only col we can join on.
thank you.

Is this a crystal question or a SQL question?  If is an SQL question, then please provide the data source type (MS-SQL, Oracle, Access, etc.). Also your join is incorrect on any data source I know of.  You need to join to a field on the main table.


Edited by kevlray - 03 Oct 2017 at 1:12pm