How do I eliminate a certain group

Printed From: Crystal Reports Book — Forum Name: Technical Questions

I have grouped all inmate by pin number and charge classification or felony misermeanor etc.    Then then filtered to list only inmates with misdmeanor. That look lists that lists all inmate with misdemeanors and felonys it just doesn't show the felonys.     How do I set up a group to just list inmates with misdemeanors and no other chargers   thanks for any help.
that sounds like a group condition.
First I think I would remove your other select criteria as it might give you a false positive.
Then maybe add a formula to indicate if a row was a misdemeanor or not.
If table.field = 'misdemeanor' then 1
sum this at the person group
insert another summary as the count of that same field
now if these two values are the same all the rows are a misdemeanor.
Place these in the group footer and review to make sure this is what you are needing. If it is it could be used as a group select condition
count(field,person)=sum(formulafield,person)


Edited by DBlank - 02 Oct 2017 at 2:40am