Duplicates due to multiple dates

Printed From: Crystal Reports Book — Forum Name: Technical Questions

Hello forum
So I'm trying to report clients who have received an assessment in the past 3 years. My problem is that clients are being reported more then once if they've received more then one assessment. I'd like for it to only report the latest assessment. Example of what it looks like now:

156 clinician name   5/25/17
123 clinician name   1/2/16
123 clinician name   4/15/17
889 clinician name   10/20/15
Group by date and put the fields in the group footer and hide the group header and the details (grouping by date will put the dates in ascending order, thus the latest date will be in the group footer).
That still produced duplicates. Also by putting the clinician in the footer it's not showing me everyone on their caseload.
You may need a second grouping by client number(?).  Making a bit of guess here since I do not know the data or it relationship.