If Then Else - Not Working

Printed From: Crystal Reports Book — Forum Name: Technical Questions

I have this formula that I am trying and have moved my parens many different ways, yet I continue to get an error that says The ) is missing and it highlights the 2nd If line (AUTHS.

If {AUTHS.ReferralType} = "HPC" and ({AuthStatusMaster.AuthStatus}) = "AHPCE" Then "HPC New"
Else
If (AUTHS.ReferralType} = "HPC" and ({AUTHS.Status}) = "Pended" Then "HPC Ongoing"
Else
If {AUTHS.ReferralType} = "HPC" and ({AuthStatusMaster.AuthStatus}) = "AHPCC" Then "HPC Completed"

What am I missing?

TIA
These are all AND conditions so you should not need any parenthesis in that code

If {AUTHS.ReferralType} = "HPC" and {AuthStatusMaster.AuthStatus} = "AHPCE" Then "HPC New"
Else
If (AUTHS.ReferralType} = "HPC" and {AUTHS.Status} = "Pended" Then "HPC Ongoing"
Else
If {AUTHS.ReferralType} = "HPC" and {AuthStatusMaster.AuthStatus} = "AHPCC" Then "HPC Completed"
I just realized my silly mistake and that I need some new glasses or a larger monitor. When I copied your formula into my report, I still got the same error and realized it is a ( in that 2nd line rather than the {.

My fault complete, apologies!!!!    

Thanks for the assistance.
Just as an added note...If none of the conditions are met, what is returned? I think it is an empty string.
A final ELSE statement with an message might help debug. Of course if you want it be empty if none of the conditions are met, then it is perfect.