Crystal Report 2016 or 11.5

Printed From: Crystal Reports Book — Forum Name: Technical Questions

t 8:41 AM

We are still using VFP for developing application. Due to some reason I have started programming a few months back and that too in VFP because where I am working is my home firm and VFP runs there and can't be replaced as of now.
My question are:
1. Can I integrate VFP with Crystal Report 14?
I have come to know that RDC that used to do this job has been retired in year 2008 only and now some .net component is there which may or may not integrate the two with some technical manipulation with something like wwDotnetBridge provided by westwind. (https://west-wind.com/wwdotnetbridge.aspx). If possible then How? If not possible then,

2. Is Crystal Report 11.5 still the good option to purchase?

lease guide



Edited by clearcoding - 23 May 2017 at 5:34pm
One, I did not know that you can still purchase 11.5.  I recently used Crystal Reports 2013 to pull up some old VFP data (but do not remember how I did it).  If you are planning to incorporate CR as part of web design, just remember that 11.5 is very much out of support by SAP(but there should be a lot of unofficial support).