Chr & Previous Function Formula

Printed From: Crystal Reports Book — Forum Name: Technical Questions

    My table.field is called {AC_ECONOMIC.KEYWORD}. Below is showing my KEYWORD results, CHR_FLAG formula and next to it is what I would like my end result to look like incorporating the CHR_FLAG formula. I am not attached to the CHR_FLAG formula so if there is a simpler or more efficient formula to use I am open to suggestions. Basically, I need a formula to replace the quote character with the previous KEYWORD. I first made a formula called CHR_FLAG
CHR_FLAG = IF {AC_ECONOMIC.KEYWORD} = CHR(34) THEN TRUE ELSE FALSE.


                 KEYWORD        CHR_FLAG      END RESULT
RECORD 1: GAS/OIL          FALSE            GAS/OIL
RECORD 2: "                     TRUE             GAS/OIL
RECORD 3: "                     TRUE              GAS/OIL
RECORD 4: "                     TRUE             GAS/OIL
RECORD 5: OIL                  FALSE            OIL
RECORD 6: "                     TRUE              OIL
RECORD 7: GAS                 FALSE             GAS
RECORD 8: WTR/OIL           FALSE            WTR/OIL
ECT...

I then made a formula attempting to use Previous function and it did not work fully. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Micdavis

Is this only for visual output or are you expecting to do more calculations on the "end result" field?