Suppress only specific records -using same field
Printed From: Crystal Reports Book — Forum Name: Technical Questions
Posted By: BoltzGirl — 21 Feb 2017 at 11:57am
I am using one field to identify the different providers "Prov_Code". In that field, it can be different values based on each line item on the request.
EXAMPLE: PROV_CODE Inv#
Jason James 02/21/2017 AT 123
Jason James 02/21/2017 FAIRVIEW 123
Jason James 02/21/2017 RP 123
I want to only show the line that has the FAIRVIEW listed in the PROV_CODE and suppress the others. I have already used a formula in the section expert that doesn't repeat the dups by invoice number, that doesn't work as it will show the line that has AT and I only want to see the line that has FAIRVIEW. How do I sort or create a formula to make that one line primary?
Posted By: DBlank — 22 Feb 2017 at 2:55am
It is simple to use a conditional suppress of
table.prov_code <> 'fairview'
but I suspect the prov_code condition changes.
What is the condition for choosing which prov_code to use per inv#
Posted By: BoltzGirl — 22 Feb 2017 at 4:34am
You are correct, sorry I left that out. The condition is based on the place it is purchased. So that condition will always be multiple and different places per line item. However, the two that are AT and RF will always be AT and RF, does that help? Meaning, the invoice will show the main place of purchase only once if it's purchased at an outside vendor. Then the internal vendors are just AT and RF, which those line items will stay AT and RF.
Posted By: DBlank — 22 Feb 2017 at 4:48am
so a not in ['AT','RF'] gives you the one row you want?
Posted By: BoltzGirl — 22 Feb 2017 at 4:55am
I just tested it and yes that worked great! Thank you for helping me think aloud!!!
|