Link varchar and numeric cols in database expert

Printed From: Crystal Reports Book — Forum Name: Technical Questions

I'm using CR 2013 and have a report that was designed with Database Expert to link the tables. The DB is Oracle.

We found that we need to link two of our tables on a different set of columns. Now we have to link from varchar to numeric. When trying to do so I get the "Data types are not compatible" error.

Granted, we could do it with a SQL Command instead of the Database Expert visual method. Just convert one of the fields to the other format. But it's a rather complicated (vendor supplied) report and we don't want to go down that avenue if it can be avoided.

Is there another way around this?

Thanks.
Not that I am aware of.  Unless you can do something on the database side.