Report for New/Modified Data a day old?
Printed From: Crystal Reports Book — Forum Name: Technical Questions
Posted By: Crystal-Newbie — 30 Jan 2017 at 10:48pm
Hello there,
I have a question in regards to creating a Crystal Report that will only show new data or modified data from the last 24hours.
At the moment I have a report that will create about 54000 records. I then have Visual Cut running the report every 5 minutes and dumping it on a server where it then gets picked up by other software and converted to XML then placed into a library of another piece of software.
I'd like the data being generated from Crystal to be only data that is either New or modified in the last 24 hours. It would greatly reduce the processing time at all stages.
Is it possible? If so can it can be done with a formula or what is best practice?
Posted By: DBlank — 31 Jan 2017 at 2:15am
Does your source data have a last modified date field to query against?
If so you can use a datediff function on that.
Posted By: Crystal-Newbie — 31 Jan 2017 at 5:39am
Originally posted by DBlank
Does your source data have a last modified date field to query against?
If so you can use a datediff function on that.
Hi DBlank,
Unfortunately there is no modified date field to work with in this data
Posted By: DBlank — 31 Jan 2017 at 5:50am
You really need to deal with this in the data selection process. IF the data can't support the selection process Crystal has no additional way to do it.
Posted By: Crystal-Newbie — 31 Jan 2017 at 5:53am
Originally posted by DBlank
You really need to deal with this in the data selection process. IF the data can't support the selection process Crystal has no additional way to do it.
Hi, Hmm was hoping that wouldn't be the case! Ok, I'll see what I can get out of the DB people.
|