Posted By: RalfCologne — 24 Jan 2017 at 11:14am
Hi everyone, I like to use same report on test and production, but display a "Testenvironment" string on test. I do have same databases on both sides. Do I have somehow a global variable on server level, e.g. servername, which I can use to identify on which environment the report is being executed?
Thanks
Ralf
Posted By: kevlray — 24 Jan 2017 at 1:38pm
Out of the box, I do not think so. Someone may have created a custom function that might do that. The only other thing I can think of (Not the best DB practice). Have a standalone table in each database with an identifying value. Then you could look for that.
Posted By: RalfCologne — 24 Jan 2017 at 11:22pm
Thanks for your answer.
I found a way to have specific information in report datasource per environment and can used this.
Thanks anyway!