calendar activity report

Printed From: Crystal Reports Book — Forum Name: Technical Questions

how does import calendar into a report? does any one know? I need to create report which is contain of date of a month so all the the date of the month should be displayed.

thx
There are a couple of ways to do this:

1. Create an Excel spreadsheet that contains all of the dates and use it in the report.

2. Create a calendar table in your database and use that in the report. The structure that I usually use for this table is the following:

Field Name     Data Type
----------     ---------
DATE_VALUE     Date or DateTime
DATE_MONTH     Number
DATE_YEAR      Number
DATE_QUARTER   Number
DATE_WEEKDAY   Number
IS_HOLIDAY     Bit
BUSINESS_DAY_SEQ     Number

The BUSINESS_DAY_SEQ field uses the following logic:
increment by 1 for each business day. Each non-business day has the same value as the most recent business day. An example of this is (using a US calendar...):

DATE_VALUE     BUS_DAY_SEQ
----------     -----------
1/12/2017          100
1/13/2017          101
1/14/2017          101
1/15/2017          101
1/16/2017          101
1/17/2017          102
1/18/2017          102

By including the additional fields, you can do a lot of different types of filters and it makes it very easy to calculate the number of business days between two dates.

-Dell
I already create the calendar table, and make a relation into my activity report but I can not make it displayed as :

Sunday      Monday     Tuesday      Wednesday Thurs
-Lunch      -Meeting    - Dinner   - Workshop - Lunch
-Meeting    -Visiting   - Meeting - Diving    - Swimm

thx
To do that, you may have to use a cross-tab. The days of the week would be the columns and the time and activities would be the rows.

You can see another way of creating calendar reports here: https://blogs.sap.com/2006/10/13/calendar-report-samples-crystal-reports/

-Dell

does the example can be download? I try to go to the link but page cannot found.

thx
Yes, but this forum won't let me attach anything. PM me your email address and I'll email them to you.

-Dell