Posted By: Beso90 — 10 Jan 2017 at 6:31am
Hello,
I'm making an inventory location report and was wondering if there's a way to pull the locations for one part in one line or as many as the list can grow..
The location is one field {TRANSLOG.LOC_DESC}
but a part can exist in multiple locations, so i want those multiple locations to be listed under the part in one line hopefully..
Please and thank you!
Regards,
Basel
Posted By: Beso90 — 16 Jan 2017 at 6:26am
Please?
Posted By: kevlray — 17 Jan 2017 at 4:34am
If I understand you correctly. If you group by
{TRANSLOG.LOC_DESC} and in the details (with a formula). Build a string using a global variable (I like shared variable better). Something like this.
global stringvar locations;
if locations = '' then
locations := locations + ', ' + {location field}
else
locations := {location field}
Then in the group footer just put the global variable (in a formula)
whileprintingrecords:
global stringvar locations;
Also need a formula to reset the global variable in the group header.
global stringvar locations := '';
You probably can achieve a similar result with an array (the formulas change a little).