sending report to email
Printed From: Crystal Reports Book — Forum Name: Technical Questions
Posted By: taniarto — 22 Dec 2016 at 8:36pm
it is possible to send report into an email address?
thx
Posted By: statey603 — 27 Dec 2016 at 5:32am
I believe that you can do this by scheduling the report and selecting Email in the Destinations section. However, I expect that the Crystal Server will need to be configured to allow transmission of email. Edited by statey603 - 27 Dec 2016 at 5:33am
Posted By: DBlank — 5 Jan 2017 at 5:48am
also you can look for third party functionality.
One resource with reviews is Ken Hamady at his web site on the Product Links page. There are desk top or server solutions listed. Edited by DBlank - 05 Jan 2017 at 5:48am
Posted By: WoodyMe — 5 Jan 2017 at 8:22pm
Originally posted by DBlank also you can look for third party functionality.
One resource with anti snoring devices reviews is Ken Hamady at his web site on the Product Links page. There are desk top or server solutions listed.
Anyone know how to setup the crystal server for email? I'm trying to figure it out.
Edited by WoodyMe - 14 Nov 2025 at 2:42am
Posted By: kevlray — 9 Jan 2017 at 4:20am
Are you able to find the administrators guide on SAP's web site (I know it is hard to navigate)? Also there is a forum dedicated to SAP products called Business Object Board (http://www.forumtopics.com/busobj/). Somebody might be able to help you there. We do not have Crystal Server, but the full blown BI application. I am thinking it is turned on in one of the servers, I just do not remember which one.
Posted By: hilfy — 9 Jan 2017 at 7:17am
Admin Guide is at http://help.sap.com/bocrs.
Basically, you'll need to do this (assuming CRS 2011 or newer):
1. Log in to the CMC.
2. Go to Servers >> Core Services.
3. Right-click on the Adaptive Job Server and select "Destination".
4. Drop down the list at the top and select "Email" and click on the Add button.
5. Enter all of the appropriate information to connect to your SMTP server.
6. Save.
-Dell
Posted By: lucileburt — 16 Nov 2017 at 10:14am
Originally posted by statey603I believe that you can do this by scheduling the report and selecting Email in the Destinations section. http://aboutmens.com/sizegenetics-review/ However, I expect that the Crystal Server will need to be configured to allow transmission of email. how to setup the crystal server for email????? I'm trying to figure it out.
Edited by lucileburt - 18 Nov 2017 at 11:42am
Posted By: hilfy — 17 Nov 2017 at 5:21am
See my instructions in the response just above your question. If you're on an earlier version of CRS, the process will be similar. You have to go to Servers in the CMC and configure the Destination Job Server.
-Dell
|