Force Label for NULL fields
Printed From: Crystal Reports Book — Forum Name: Technical Questions
Posted By: JWaldmann — 9 Dec 2016 at 4:15am
I am making a monthly parameterized report of work orders opened for each Department. I am using the field CLSDBY to do a count of WOs by each technician. When a work order has yet to be closed in the month for which I am reporting the CLSDBY field is NULL. This is messing with the results as I have a blank in the technician list with the count of Tasks that are still open.
I would like to force the String “Open” for the work orders that have not been closed. Can anyone give me a hand with this?
Thanks in advanced.
Posted By: DBlank — 12 Dec 2016 at 3:08am
how are you getting the count?
Posted By: hilfy — 12 Dec 2016 at 3:48am
Try this:
1. Create a formula that looks something like this:
{@WO}
if IsNull({CLSDBY}) then 'Open' else {CLSDBY}
2. Count the formula instead of the field.
-Dell
Posted By: JWaldmann — 12 Dec 2016 at 4:42am
I managed to work that out last Friday; however, I really appreciate your response!!! How I did it was exactly the way you indicated I should.
Question; how do I count the formula instead of the WO field?
Posted By: JWaldmann — 12 Dec 2016 at 4:57am
To DBlank,
Hey, thanks for the reply. I have it figured out.
Posted By: hilfy — 12 Dec 2016 at 10:42am
You would do it the same way that you're counting the number of work orders now, except use the formula instead of the field.
-Dell
|