Add tax to purchase order if Canadian

Printed From: Crystal Reports Book — Forum Name: Technical Questions

Hey everyone! My first noob post, so please bare with me as I'm learning!
I have a purchase order generated in crystal that I need to add tax if the supplier is in Canada. This is someone else's report, but I think I've figure out what I need to do. Here is what I've done, but when I print the report, it completely ignores what I've entered in the formula workshop.

If {Supplier_1.CurrencyRef} = "Canada" then
{Supplier.ValueAddedTaxValue} + " " + {Supplier.BaseCurrency} else
{Supplier.ValueAddedTaxValue} + "0" + {Supplier.BaseCurrency}

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Henry
The first thing to do is drop a test formula on the report to see even if your If is working correctly i.e.,  If {Supplier_1.CurrencyRef} = "Canada" then true else false


Thanks for the reply! I got it to work, but had to start over with everything. I learned that the software does a lot of internal calculations, and the form just shows them. So I had to change what I displayed and did my own calculations from on the form.