Change 2nd Parameter based on 1st

Printed From: Crystal Reports Book — Forum Name: Technical Questions

Hi, I'm using Crystal 2011. I have a customer that would like the options that appear in the 3rd parameter to change depending on what is put into the first and 2nd parameter. The first parameter asks for a year. The 2nd parameter asks for Job Class, and the 3rd asks for pay code. The customer wants to add the year and the Job Class, and wants the 3rd parameter to only populate with any pay codes that have been used in the year and job class selected. Is this possible?

Edited by thummel1 - 21 Nov 2016 at 9:49am
There is a way to create cascading parameters in Crystal Reports.  I do not have much experience attempting to do it myself.  But I have seen some internet articles talking about it. It looked pretty straight forward at the time.