I'm working in Crystal 2011. I have a report designed to evaluate the day and month of the MASTER_ENTRY_DATE, look back 6 months (from month and day) and decide if that month and day falls between the month and day of the most recent full pay period. This also happens at the 1 year marker, by looking at the month, day, and year, and comparing to the month day and year of the pay period begin and end dates.
The problem: An employee's a MASTER_ENTRY_DATE falls on 2/29/2016. When the report attempts to come up with the 1 year date (2/29/2015) it does not exist and I receive an error. This could also happen if an employee has a 8/29/yyyy MASTER_ENTRY_DATE when it evaluates the 6 months, but no one has that date yet.
I'm trying to figure out a work-around to this issue. I'd like to construct a statement that says "if 6 month date = 2/29 of a non-leap year, then change date to 3/1 and recalculate, else, if 1 year date = 2/29 of a non-leap year, then change to 3/1 and recalculate.
Suggestions are welcome. Thank you,
Edited by thummel1 - 23 Sep 2016 at 8:57am
