Add Date Parameter for Sub Report

Printed From: Crystal Reports Book — Forum Name: Technical Questions

I am using CR11.

I have a report that contains a subreport. The main report pulls deductions, and has a date range parameter based on "Check Date". The subreport contains voids that are pulled based on "Date Stamp". The main report needs to pull in only the voids when the "Date Stamp" falls between the "Check Dates" of the main report.

How to I accomplish this? Do I add another date range parameter into my main report meant to capture date stamps of my sub report? Currently, parameter prompts like this:
Enter Min Check Date
Enter Max Check Date
Should it be set up like this:
Enter Min Check Date
Enter Max Check Date
Enter Min Void Date Stamp
Enter Max Void Date Stamp

If that's a correct approach, steps on how to do that are appreciated!
Here is the approach I would take.  Pass the Enter Min Check Date and Enter Max Check Date to the sub-report.  Use those passed dates to filter the Date Stamp in the sub-report (it is best that you set up parameters in the sub-report with the same names).   I hope this helps.