Beginning Date / End Date in Report Header
Printed From: Crystal Reports Book — Forum Name: Technical Questions
Posted By: jgarner — 20 Jul 2016 at 11:49am
I use a purchase order report that utilizes a field called 'po.orderdate'. Is it possible to create two fields in the report header that's based on the 'po.orderdate', that shows the dates of the beginning and end dates?
I'd like to do something like this:
Report date from ( beginning date) to ( end date)
Thank you Edited by jgarner - 20 Jul 2016 at 11:50am
Posted By: DBlank — 20 Jul 2016 at 12:05pm
you can use
MINIMUM(po.orderdate)
and
MAXIMUM(po.orderdate)
If you are using a parameter to get your date range consider using that instead as it would likely be more accurate in case your data results do not have any values that fell on the start or end dates of the parameter values.
Posted By: jgarner — 20 Jul 2016 at 12:22pm
Thanks for your suggestion. However, it's been quite a while since I've used CR, and I have a couple of questions.
I've used the Select Expert to specify the date range. Here's what is in the formula:
{PO.ORDERDATE} > DateTime (2015, 01, 01, 0, 0, 0) and
not ({PO.STATUS} like ["CAN", "REVISD"]) and
{PO.DESCRIPTION} like ["*Locker*", "*LOCKER*", "*locker*"]
As I mentioned, I'm terribly rusty with CR at the moment, and am wondering where and with which tool would I use your suggestion MINIMUM(po.orderdate) and MAXIMUM(po.orderdate)? In a formula or parameter field? Edited by jgarner - 20 Jul 2016 at 12:22pm
Posted By: jgarner — 20 Jul 2016 at 12:25pm
Do I apply your suggestion in the Running Total Field?
Posted By: jgarner — 20 Jul 2016 at 12:29pm
Solved it with the Running Total Field. Thanks for your help
Posted By: DBlank — 21 Jul 2016 at 3:59am
I was suggesting that you use two formula fields in the header not a running total.
You can also use one formula field that is a string something like
"Report date from "+ totext(MINIMUM(po.orderdate),"mm/dd/yyyy")+ " to " + totext(MAXIMUM(po.orderdate),"mm/dd/yyyy")
I would caution using the RT as they do not "function correctly" when used in a header.
Posted By: jgarner — 21 Jul 2016 at 4:49am
You are absolutely correct with mentioning that using an RT doesn't function correctly in headers, as I was having issues the more I worked with it.
I have put to use your formula. In order to eliminate errors when saving it, it ended up like this:
"Report Date From "+ totext(MINIMUM({PO.ORDERDATE}),"mm/dd/yyyy")+ " to " + totext(MAXIMUM({PO.ORDERDATE}),"mm/dd/yyyy")
I tested this on a 2-page report that didn't have a lot of data. The earliest date on my report is 10/23/15 and the latest date is 7/15/16.
However, when I bring the formula into the header, it looks like this:
Report Date From 39/23/2015 to 56/15/2016
Any ideas why it would show up like that? In the Format Editor / Date and Time, I have my dates formatted as 03/01/1999
Also, I am using the Select Expert to filter my dates (PO.ORDERDATE) as 'is greater than 1/1/2015 12:00:00AM Edited by jgarner - 21 Jul 2016 at 4:54am
Posted By: DBlank — 21 Jul 2016 at 5:45am
oops. sorry but i used lower case 'mm' in the totext which uses the minute value. use upper case MM to get the month...
totext(MINIMUM({PO.ORDERDATE}),"MM/dd/yyyy")
Posted By: jgarner — 21 Jul 2016 at 5:50am
Thanks for the correction. I would never have guessed. I really appreciate your help with this, and this question has been resolved!.
Thanks again.
|