Tracking Report Usage.

Printed From: Crystal Reports Book — Forum Name: Technical Questions

I have just started working with Crystal Reports. The method here seems to be to create SQL code for the report data and then use Crystal Reports to format the output.

What I want to do is see how often a report is run. Is there anyway in Crystal Reports Business Objects to see when a report is run and how many times? This would help me to identify reports that are no longer in use.

Thanks.
Depending on what version of Crystal Reports Business Object you have you may have auditing available..  I know that in version 4.0 of Business Objects that they have auditing which can track a variety of measures.  Before that we had used a third party tool that provided some tracking.
From what I can tell we have version

14.2.2.1975

If we do have a version with logging capability where would I go to read up on how to start logging, how to interpret the log, and stuff like that.
It appears from the version number (had to google a little bit) that you have the latest version.  Auditing is in the CMC and there should be extensive documentation from SAP on how to configure, and view the information that auditing is capturing.  I personally do not use the auditing tool myself (one of my co-workers has some experience with it). 
That sounds like exactly what I would like to do. Is there documentation on how you turn on the logging and where the log sits?
You would need to go to SAP's web-site.  As far as finding the documentation, that can be tricky with SAP.  Ask the same question on http://www.forumtopics.com/busobj/ (BOB forum) site.  They have a good handle on where to find the documentation.
Documentation for your version of Crystal (which is 2016 SP2) is available here: http://help.sap.com/bocr2016-Dell
Thanks for the link but it says it can't find the page. Did part of the URL maybe get cut off? It seems like the -Dell is the part that has the problem.

thanks.
The "-Dell" part was supposed to have been on the next line down - it's not part of the URL.

-Dell