Double Side Printing and Paging issue
Printed From: Crystal Reports Book — Forum Name: Technical Questions
Posted By: mikevtss — 13 Jul 2016 at 9:46pm
Hello all,
I'm trying to setup double side print of a crystal report, im having a issue when the Details section runs over to the third page or 5th page, the following Customer will print on the back of that and stuff all the order for the remaining print.
---I have setup a report that is grouped by customer ID
which is in Group header A
---Details sections reports on all the outstanding transactions which normally would be on the reverse but causing issues if a lot of transactions and rolls onto the third page
--then the Group footer A and b have a subreport.
I basically need the new grouping to print and always start on an odd number as this would be the front page.
does this make sense?
thanks all.
Posted By: hilfy — 15 Jul 2016 at 9:54am
Add a second group A footer section. In the section manager, turn on "New Page After" for this section. Then, click on the formula button to the right of the "Suppress" checkbox and enter this formula:
PageNumber mod 2 = 1
This will suppress the section if you get to the section and the current page number is NOT a multiple of two, which should give you an even number of pages for each Group A set.
-Dell
Posted By: mikevtss — 17 Jul 2016 at 1:47pm
Hi Hilfy, the issue is I still need the data that would be on page 3. not suppress it
is there a way perhaps to enter a blank page if the group dose not finish on an even number ?
Posted By: mikevtss — 17 Jul 2016 at 2:36pm
entering the below in the group footer seem to of worked
(Remainder(pagenumber,2)=1)
Posted By: hilfy — 18 Jul 2016 at 3:12am
The formula that you're using does essentially the same thing as the one that I gave you. I'm glad it's working for you!
-Dell
|