Convert Excel Date to String

Printed From: Crystal Reports Book — Forum Name: Technical Questions

Hello,
I have a column in excel that has dates (dd-MM). In the same column I have cells that contain text, for example: "30-May:Memorial Day",
In Crystal the dates (dd-MM) appear fine, but the "30-May:Memorial Day" is blank. I want all of fields to display as they are on the spreadsheet. ToText(date) and CSTR(date) do not allow it. Any suggestions on how to display the contents of this field regardless of whats in it?
Thanks,
Dan
If the 'dates' are coming into Crystal Reports as text then you are set.  But if Crystal is interpreting that column as a date, then you will have a issue.  I am not sure (since I do not normally used Excel as a data source) to assure that that column will come in as text.
Thanks, they are coming in as dates. I am wondering if there is a record selection method that would allow me to change the way they are selected.
Unfortunately I do not use Excel as a data source very often. I know that Excel looks a the first few rows to determine the data type.  I do not know if you can re-order the rows in your Excel datasource with out 'breaking' your report.