summary on group header
Printed From: Crystal Reports Book — Forum Name: Technical Questions
Posted By: taniarto — 20 Apr 2016 at 7:48pm
I have data as below :
No. Name qty
1. A 100
2. B 300
3. C 100
4. A 100
I want to make the summary like this :
total all : 600
No. Name qty
1. A 100
2. B 300
3. C 100
4. A 100
so the summary display at the header of the report, it is possible without any subreport creation ?
thx
Posted By: Valert16 — 20 Apr 2016 at 11:20pm
Insert Summary. Choose these options: field: qty; Summary: Sum; Summary location: Grand Total (Report Footer).
Move the summary to the report header.
I suppose you have a report with no groups.
Posted By: taniarto — 21 Apr 2016 at 12:12am
there is a groups, and the result is reset following the summary of the groups. Could it summarized totally?
thx
Posted By: Valert16 — 21 Apr 2016 at 12:34am
What do you mean with " the result is reset"? What result, and why is it reset? Anyway, even if you are grouping, I don't see why the solution I gave to you is not working.
Please, could you explain in more detail?
Posted By: taniarto — 21 Apr 2016 at 3:25pm
reset mean is the summary always return to the summary of the groups. for example : A --> 200
B --> 300
C --> 100
it is because I put group by Name. If there were no groups I can't copy as you tell into page header is like cannot copy to the area..
thx
Posted By: taniarto — 21 Apr 2016 at 5:40pm
sorry there's a miss it is working if there's a group as you said. But my report doesn't have groups...is it possible ?
thx
Posted By: Valert16 — 21 Apr 2016 at 11:30pm
Let's try to clarify.
Please, read carefully my first answer. If you insert a summary with these settings, then you'll end with a Gran Total at the report header showing the value 600 which is the sum you want. Is it correct?
The result is the same whether you are grouping by Name or not.
Note I don't tell you "copy into page header". I do tell "move the summary to the report header"
|