Posted By: MICowboy13 — 29 Feb 2016 at 2:36am
Hi,
I have the following setup;
Group Header = Proposal Status
There are 3 different status's in this group. I = In Process - S = Submitted, H = On Hold.
My question is... can I have a unique sort of records in each value in the same group? Therefore the sort for In Process would be different than Submitted, etc..
Thanks!
Posted By: DBlank — 29 Feb 2016 at 4:42am
can you post data example?
Posted By: DBlank — 3 Mar 2016 at 7:43am
if I understand you I think the simplest approach is to use a formula to return the fields you want to sort on based on the row status and just sort on the formula field
Keep in mind the returned value has to be the same data type and therefore returned in a way that makes sense for sorting on that type. Meaning if you want to conditionally sort by a name, number or date you need to return them all as a string and accommodate the string sort requirements
e.g.
IF table.status = I then table.Lastname
ELSE IF table.status = S then totext(table.date,"yyyyMMdd")
Else IF table. status = H then totext(table.number,"0000000000")
else default here