Suppressing based on a shared variable

Printed From: Crystal Reports Book — Forum Name: Technical Questions

Hello All,

I am having an issue with suppressing can you please see my below problem.

I have a report laid out like this:

- GH #1 - Customer Name
- GH #2a - Tooling Number (Tooling related fields)
- GH #2b - Tooling Number (Sub report)
- Details - Suppressed
- GF #2 - Shared numbervar formula (The formula distinctly counts what is inside the subreport)
- GF #1 - Suppressed

What I am trying to achieve is whenever the shared numbervar in GF2 is greater than 0, I would like all associated headers, footers and details between GH2a and GF2 to be suppressed.

Many thanks in advance.
You cannot.
The value in the sub report does not exist in an early enough pass of the data to suppress anything 'above' it.
Often that summarized data (distinct count) is gathered via a stored proc or command and is included in the primary data set (not a sub report) which is then used as your suppression criteria.
I thought that may have been the case, i guess it doesn't hurt to ask.

thanks for your help.