Sub Report can't resolve relitave path

Printed From: Crystal Reports Book — Forum Name: Technical Questions

I've been having an issue where a sub report has a TTX file as a database with a relative path (".\\Cert_WorksetSpecialText.ttx""). Unfortunately when I open it in the Viewer I receive the Database connection Dialog for that file. If I use hard coded paths for the file it works fine. Also the Main reports TTX has a relative path, and it does not cause any issues.

simplified code is as follows:



     ReportDocument MainReport = new ReportDocument();
     MainReport .Load(ReportFile);
     MainReport.SetDataSource(DataTable);
     MainReport.VerifyDatabase();
     [...]
     ReportDocument SubReportDocument= MainReport.OpenSubreport(SubReportName);
     SubReportDocument.SetDataSource(SubDataTable);
     SubReportDocument.VerifyDatabase();


When displaying in the viewer I receive the connection dialog.



As a work around I trued changing the Database.ConnectionInfo to a static Path by doing the following prior to setting the DataSource:


        TableLogOnInfo T = SubReportDocument.Database.Tables[0].LogOnInfo;
        T.ConnectionInfo.LogonProperties[0] = new NameValuePair2("Field Definition File", x);
        T.ConnectionInfo.ServerName = x;
        T.ConnectionInfo.IntegratedSecurity = true;
        SubReportDocument.Database.Tables[0].LogOnInfo.ConnectionInfo.Attributes.Collection[4] = new NameValuePair2("QE_ServerDescription", x);
        SubReportDocument.Database.Tables[0].ApplyLogOnInfo(T);


Though on ApplyLogOnInfo it reset the path back to ".\\Cert_WorksetSpecialText.ttx". Not using the ApplyLogOnInfo did not have any noticeable effect either. I had read somewhere that setting the location after ApplyLogOnInfo would do the trick, so I tried:


     SubReportDocument.Database.Tables[0].Location = T.TableName;

This only created an "Connection not possible" error in VS.

I cannot change the RPT files, since our current system required the dynamic pathing in the existing files, and I am only replacing one part of the system which was based on VB 6.0 and a much older version of CR (which stopped working after a server update).

I am currently using the latest update (13.0.16.1954) and tried an earlier v13 as well.

And suggestions or help would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Edited by Morfigle - 09 Feb 2016 at 10:46pm