Print many options per car on one row

Printed From: Crystal Reports Book — Forum Name: Technical Questions

Hi all....I have a generally simple request, but I just can't put my finger on it.

I have a report producing information on cars for example. Car 1 has many results, as it has many options. I would like all these options to print on the same line, but currently it is producing many lines per car, to print each option.

The Serial Number, Make, Model, and Year columns are all identical for this car, but the Options column will give different results. So, the car with option 1, option2, option 3, option 4 will produce 4 rows of data.

I know it's probably a simple fix, but I'm struggling.....any suggestions??
group on the primary key, likely the serial number
create 3 shared variables
1 for the group header to set the value to ""
1 for the detail to add the row's content to the variable with a ", "
1 for the group footer to display all the values together
shared variable as a string that adds each value