CR 2011/2013
Printed From: Crystal Reports Book — Forum Name: Talk with the Author
Posted By: jkwrpc — 7 Apr 2014 at 11:56am
What is up with Crystal Reports? It seems like SAP is not doing much with it. I confess I am having trouble seeing the CR roadmap at this point.
I am using CR 2008 and 11.5. I have not seen any reason to upgrade from them to the newer releases. Have I missed something?
Posted By: kevlray — 7 Apr 2014 at 12:06pm
Not really. The general feeling is that SAP would like to dump the Crystal Reports developer application. Not sure if they want us to use Crystal Reports Enterprise or Webi.
Posted By: jkwrpc — 8 Apr 2014 at 2:09am
Thanks, it confirms my view. All I can say, is I hope they rethink their current roadmap for CR. As a longtime user, developer and advocate of CR I am disappointed by what I sense is happening.
I will keep watching what comes from SAP...but I am not holding my breath.
|