database error in report

Printed From: Crystal Reports Book — Forum Name: Talk with the Author

Hi guys,

i have made report..while showing report it is asking me for database credentials every time.can anybody tell me why it is so??

Thanks in advance..




Edited by Ganesh Khuspe - 04 Sep 2013 at 8:22pm
Are you saying you are in designer and every time you click on the refresh you get prompted or every time you open the report you get prompted (or something else)?  Crystal Reports will not remember the credentials once the report is closed, but should remember as long as it it open in designer.

I hope this helps.
Thanks for reply kevlray,
i have logined as different user coz have lost my credentials.
and
yes..the same as what u r saying m facing..first time reports doesnt asks for credentials but when i will go for Go To button or navigate to next report page it is asking me for credentials.

ganesh
Two questions.  Are you viewing the report in designer or a viewer (that includes BI enterprise)?  Does this report(s) contain sub-reports?
m viewing report in viewer only..and its not contain subreport..but if m inserting any subreport and navigate on it then it is asking me  for credentials..means the problem is for both main  report and sub report..
If the report is on BI Enterprise (Not sure what version of CR and what viewer you are using), then you can set the database credentials for the report in the CMC.  I do not know if that option is available for other viewers. 
i m using crystal report 10 and visual studio 2010.still i m getting the same issue...
I do not know about VS 2010, but I know that in a older version of VS (I have been working with the programmer on a project).  The programmer is using a OLE DB (ADO) connection to an MS-SQL DB.  That is the connection in the report.  I do not know how he passes the credentials (I have not see that part of the code).   I hope this helps.
the same procedure i have did but  i was getting the same....But now it is working fine.i have added new report and then did the connection with database.Now it is working fine.

Thank kevlray.


Edited by JagBuddy - 12 Sep 2013 at 8:39pm