32 to 64 bits

Printed From: Crystal Reports Book — Forum Name: Technical Questions

Hi,
 
I have updated my PC from Windows XP 32 bits to Windows 7 64 bits.
 
If I run reports from the 32 bit programs we made (VS2008, C#) I get this error...
 
...
 
Either the Crystal Reports registry key permissions are insufficient or the Crystal Reports runtime is not installed correctly.

Please install the appropriate Crystal Reports redistributable (CRRedist*.msi) containing the correct version of the Crystal Reports runtime (x86, x64, or Itanium) required. Please go to http://www.businessobjects.com/support for more information.
 
...
 
And then an exception in "CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine.ReportDocument".
 
In the new PC I have installed:
- Crystal Reports 2008 SP2
- Crystal Reports 2008 32 bit runtime
- Crystal Reports 2008 64 bit runtime
 
... 
 
But then I have compiled one of my applications changing platform from "Any CPU" to "x86" and it works.
Selecting "x64" I get the error message I posted.
 
Which is the way to run Crystal in x64 mode?
Next step I have to do is change web applications to x64 servers and reports will be generate in server.
Is it possible to run Crystal in x64 mode??
 
Thank you
 
Francesc
 
 
 
 


Edited by Francesc - 12 Nov 2012 at 6:34am
1.  Crystal will only work with 32-bit database drivers - it cannot connect using 64-bit drivers.
 
2.  You would need the 64-bit Crystal Runtime modules.  I'm not sure whether they're available for VS2008, but I know they're available as part of the "Crystal Reports for Visual Studio 2010" download that works with VS 2010.
 
-Dell
Dell,
 
I have installed CRRedist2008_x64 "Crystal Reports Basic Runtime fom Visual Studio 2008 (x64)".
 
But I don't know how applicattions can run this runtime. If I set target to "x64" or "Any CPU" it doesn't work.
 
Maybe ...
using CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine;
... has to be changed to another reference??
 
Thank you
 
[Edit] I found this... Is it valid today? http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-21528


Edited by Francesc - 12 Nov 2012 at 9:49pm
For the link - there are newer updates of the software it mentions as well as completely new versions of Crystal - Crystal 2011 and Crystal for VS 2010 - so it's partially still valid, but not completely.
 
-Dell
I finally set target to "x86" in WinForms applications.

I must find out what to do with web application when we change server to x64. We can not update the project to VS2010 because it is a very large VS2008 solution.

Thank you

Francesc


Edited by Francesc - 13 Nov 2012 at 9:40pm