Logo discolored in CR 10
Printed From: Crystal Reports Book — Forum Name: Talk with the Author
Posted By: rgbbhat — 4 Aug 2011 at 6:42am
Dear All We use crystal 10 and we have 2 problems 1. Reduced font when exported to PDF - Solved using hot fix from sap site. 2. Logo embedded in the reports , is displayed as a patch.- Big problem. Our software developer uses a EPS file but they have lost all hope as the reports still show the Logo as a patch. If there is a jpeg or a tiff, can i use that to remove the patch. Just to state- if I print directly from the application using CR 10, there is no patching on the Hard copies. The problem arises if the report is exported into PDF. Please help as my staff is immensely stressed because of this. Thanks Rajesh
Posted By: hilfy — 4 Aug 2011 at 9:00am
There's not really anything you can do about your image issue other than to replace the logo with a jpeg or tiff. This is an issue with how Crystal exports to PDF - we have no control over it and I doubt they'll fix the issue.
-Dell
Posted By: rgbbhat — 4 Aug 2011 at 3:03pm
Thank you for your quick revert. I will try using the tiff image as suggested and revert. Alternatively, i have noticed that the vendor uses a DLL for a pdf converter called dyna pdf. Could this be an issue? I tried viewing the report on screen and creating a pdf file by printing on Cute PDF writer. This doesnot show a patch. Is there a possibility that if we get crystal to use the cute pdf writer DLLs, there should not be an problem. Our vendor is using vb 6 with CR 10 and it throws up a memory full error while bulk printing. Hence my suggestion was for the application to export in pdf , merge using a writer and store in a partiular directory. I can then select all files and print. I have a printer with a stapler attached and hence this would save my staff atleast 8 man days of printing. Hence pls help. regards print
|