Can't get your book in Australia

Printed From: Crystal Reports Book — Forum Name: Talk with the Author

Hello Brian,

I can't get a copy of your book anywhere in Australia. That means I'll have to buy it in the US, pay heaps for postage, wait ages for it to get here and probably get lumbered for tax on the docks. I see you used to allow people to download the whole book. I'd be more than happy to pay for an online copy to avoid all the hassle importing the book from the US. Reckon you would still be able to do something like this?

Many thanks,

Lazz.
Hi Lazz,

Thanks for your interest in the book. Which book are you talking about - the CR.NET 2003 or CR XI Encyclopedia book?

Re an electronic version, I"m actually trying to figure out some way to give online access for a monthly fee of $5 or something like that. But I still have to research this. I've had people copy my entire book and put the PDF online for free so I'm very paranoid about electronic distribution now. Copyright laws seem to go ignored on a regular basis on the web since it is so uncontrolled.

If you want the CR.NET 2003 book, I could sell you a read-only PDF version (printing has been turned off). If you want the CR XI book, I can ask my distributor which book store in Australia carries it and give you their name. If you live in a main part of Australia, I can see how much it costs to ship there if you want to reimburse me for it. But I'm cautious there too b/c books can get lost when shipping around the world unless you are in a major metropolitan area.

Thanks,

Brian


Edited by BrianBischof - 29 Aug 2007 at 11:26am
I just heard back from my distributor. The books can be ordered from John Reed booksellers. 
www.johnreedbooks.com.au
I just got an email back from a John Reed representative:
We do have stock of your book and have supplied a few copies to retailers 
such as Dymocks in Adelaide, and Kinokunya in Sydney.
You can tell individual enquirers that they can get it direct from us at any time. 
We have credit card facilities and I do know that we sold copies in this way.

Tel: 61 2 4997 2936
sales@johnreedbooks.com.au
Thanks Brian. I just rang them and a copy is on it's way. ACE!!!

One other thing, I buy Apress books sometimes and they let you buy a PDF version to go along with the hard copy. The PDF makes you sign in to view it but printing is still enabled so you can print the bits you need. Would you be able to provide something similar?




Edited by Lazz - 30 Aug 2007 at 6:28pm
Can I buy that book (CrystalReport .Net Programming) in Melbourne (Australia)? thanks
I don't know. Is there a John Reed bookseller available?

Also, my next task is getting the full book online and creating a ''Premier Members' section. That way people can read the entire book online and post questions specific to each chapter. I'll update chapters with new content when people ask me to and I'll post new chapters there as well. Should be a great way to get the book out to the international market and create a new community of CR gurus.