To hide Group Header
Printed From: Crystal Reports Book — Forum Name: Technical Questions
Posted By: arsinfo — 26 Jan 2011 at 12:43am
Hi, I need to hide a group header if the items count at detail section is 0 (zero). Any idea? thanks...
Posted By: FrnhtGLI — 26 Jan 2011 at 2:26am
Group summaries and counts can be evaluated in the Group Header. Create the summary/count on the field you want to evaluate and place it in the group header you need to suppress. Section Expert suppress the Group Header when the summary/count=0.
Posted By: arsinfo — 26 Jan 2011 at 4:39am
Thanks for reply, I've tried but I don't understand the syntax of count() funct. My report have 2 groups with its headers. first the Seller, second the Customer and at detail the customer invoices. Customer could have invoices paid, I supress its. Only show the invoices with debt. But if I count zero invoices with debt (all invoices paid) I must supress the customer header because reports would be showing a header without detail. How can I do it? Thank you very much....
Posted By: FrnhtGLI — 26 Jan 2011 at 5:00am
How are you able to tell if the invoice is paid or not? Is it an amount field that comes through?
Posted By: arsinfo — 26 Jan 2011 at 6:37am
yes, the record has 2 fields, one called TotalAmount and the other rest. If rest is > 0 the invoices is not paid. Thanks
Posted By: FrnhtGLI — 26 Jan 2011 at 7:03am
Use the Crystal Reports Insert Summary function located on the Insert Toolbar. I believe the symbol is a sigma, it looks like a styalized E. Choose the TotalAmount field and set it as a Sum. Insert the summary into the Customer Invoice Group and click OK. Take that summary and drag it to the Customer Invoice Group Header. Suppress it. Go to the Section Expert and select the Customer Invoice Group Header. Click the Formula Editor (X-2) next to Suppress. In the report fields dropdown list find the summary of the TotalAmount field you just created. Add that to the editor and set it to suppress when it =0.
|