Compatiblity Issue?

Printed From: Crystal Reports Book — Forum Name: Talk with the Author

Hi, I have installed My VB6 Application on Windows 7. My Application uses VB6, CR 8.5, MS SQL 2005. Every thing works fine. But when I open application in VB6 IDE and double click Crystal report It crash VB6 with this error message. "Visual Basic has stopped working" Can anyone have solution of this problem because without this solution I cannot shift to Windows 7. One thing my application is working fine with windows XP. Never tested on Vista. But I want to shift to windows.

What we do we incorporate CR withing VB6.0 in a DSR format so whenever we create Executable for our application it reports gets merge into it and I dont have to keep report (.rpt files) separately.

Alternative Solution
whether VB6.0 + CR2008 (DSR Format support?) + MS SQL2005 will support on Windows7.

Please reply your suggestion.