Creating a summary of a second pass formula

Printed From: Crystal Reports Book — Forum Name: Talk with the Author

Hello,

I am not sure why, but some duplicate data is showing up in my report even though I have chosen to select only distinct records and the data is not found more than once in the datasource.  Additionally, I'm working to make it so this report can be run directly from my original data, and there is some duplication there (for instance, if someone is employed at 25% in one area and 75% in another area, it will list their total combined salary under each position.)

I have found a way to get rid of these created duplicates through the following formula:

If (({Main_Data.Position}) = previous({Main_Data.Position}))
and (({Main_Data.Enc Sal Amt}) = previous({Main_Data.Enc Sal Amt}))
then $0 else ({Main_Data.Enc Sal Amt})

However, since this is a second pass formula, I am not able to create a summary of this field or a running total.  I've been trying to figure out how to summarize it in the formula so it will also happen in the second pass but have come up blank.

I am willing to use something else if I can get rid of my duplicates in some other way, but I need to summarize these fields!


Edited by kmeistering - 13 Oct 2010 at 3:02am