Hello I am using crystal reports xi and here is the problem I'm running into I'm trying to display a string from my database but for some records they might not have a record from the other table associated with it or it may just have a space in it. when I ran a test on the field it was showing as a null field for these empty records. My issue is I have checked the box that tells crystal to treat all and other fields that are null as default so for string it should be '' or empty and still display the record when I drop that field into the detail area. The problem is when I drop either the field or a formula to check to see if the field is null or empty I loose records. Like before I drop the field or formula on the report it shows 12 records when I put the field or formula using the field on the report it then only shows 7 of the 12 records. I'm trying to have it say if the 5 records that are not showing if those fields are blank or null then show the other field but if both are blank display NA.
Any advise would be much appreciated, thanks in advance.
Edited by Pyrotecnix - 08 Jul 2010 at 7:52am
