Typos in the new book

Printed From: Crystal Reports Book — Forum Name: Talk with the Author

hi brian:
  I found a few typos in your new book : Crystal Reports Encyclopedia .Net 2005/2008, volume 2.

 On page 365, dynamic data sources

String SQL;, actually it should be String mySQL as you kept using mySQL instead of SQL.

 Also after datasets are created, how to populate the dataset programmatically?
I did not see enough illustration on that part.

 Thanks

 Hui
 
Thanks for letting me know about the typo!

Re your question, I don´t have the book in front of me b/c I´m vacationing in Brazil right now. I thought I had a sample code for populating a dataset somewhere in there, but it actually doesn´t matter b/c there is no standard way of doing it. You have to do it based upon your program requirements, and this is a non-reporting issue. However you populate the dataset in the rest of your application is how you will do it for CR. Once you populate the dataset, then you pass that object to the report and it will print the data.

Look through the sample code in the book and you´ll see a section specifically addressing datasets and the steps for passing them to your report. If this still doesn´t work, post some sample code of what you are doing and where it looks like it isn´t working and I´ll review it.

Brian