Joined: 04 Feb 2008
Location: New Zealand
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 55
Topic: CR 2008 slow to load, can't download service pack Posted: 16 Feb 2011 at 2:04pm
I have Crystal Reports 2008 version 12.0.0.683 running on Windows 7.
Last week I had to reinstall Win7 and CR as I was having trouble with some other software. CR is now taking a very long time (10+ mins) to open. I get a blank page and the spinning pointer while the "Start Page" loads. After that it seems to work normally. It was a little slow before but never this bad.
I wondered if I might need a service pack? CR version
12.0.0.683 corresponds to service pack 0. Once the "Start Page" loaded I clicked the "DOWNLOAD" tab and went to the SAP software downloads site. I selected "Crystal Reports 2008" and "Service Pack". The progress bar got 1/3 way along and has stalled for the last hour. I tried several times.
These issues might be unrelated, any help appreciated.
Joined: 20 Nov 2006
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3702
Posted: 17 Feb 2011 at 9:07am
Actually, I suspect that they might be related. Unless you tell it otherwise during the install, Crystal 2008 will automatically look for updates when it runs. If you have a slow network connection or difficulty access the SAP support site, this will the initial load of Crystal to take longer than it otherwise would.
Joined: 04 Feb 2008
Location: New Zealand
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 55
Posted: 17 Feb 2011 at 4:02pm
Thanks. I work at a university, the network speed is very fast so I am not sure what the problem is.
I had another go at downloading the service pack, success this time. "Crystal Reports 2008 Service Pack 3 Full Build" is a zip file but it would not open after I downloaded it (twice). I then downloaded each of the service packs 1, 2 and 3. SP1 ran fine. I had to restart to run SP2, it seemed to run ok except hung at the end, but it seems to have installed correctly. I had to restart again to run SP3 which ran ok. I'm now up to version 12.3.0.601. Crystal Reports now loads MUCH faster.
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot create polls in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum