Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Help With Multiple Selection Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
CMEPCMEP
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 26 Apr 2010
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 15
Quote CMEPCMEP Replybullet Topic: Help With Multiple Selection
     Posted: 12 Aug 2010 at 1:14pm

Gentlemen | Ladies:

 

I am a casual user (not IT) and am having problems with multiple selection criteria.  Any input would be immensely appreciated.  Crystal is V11.5.  (I’m working with Mas90 V4.4.)

 

My primary selection is any item with and on hand quantity (today).  My second interest (for that item) is the total sales quantity for 2008 and 2009.  If I do not have an on hand quantity today, that record is irrelevant to me, even though I can live with the zero, if necessary.

 

In Select Expert I have: {IM_Item WhseHistoryByPeriod.FiscalCalYear} in [“2008”,”2009”].

 

The problem is it’s eliminating some records.  The only common thread I can see (with these missing records) is that there were zero units sold in 2008 and 2009.  However, I do see other records included that also have zero units sold in 2008 and 2009.

 

If I add to the Select Expert, {IM_Item WhseHistoryByPeriod.QuantitySold} >= 0, there’s no change.

  

Essentially, I wanted these two things to run independently.  But I want it all on one line.  (I’m doing a lot of calculations thereafter.)  My interest was any item with an on hand quantity and then the total units sold for 2008 and 2009.   I don’t really need the second record unless there’s a first.

 

I thought the Data Link locked in or set precedent for these records I’m losing.

 

I also tried to take the years out of the Select Expert and work them into the Quantity Sold field itself, but I couldn’t get that to work either.

 

I’ve been on this for an embarrassingly long time.  And it has to be done.  Any help, direction, tips, thoughts, would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks in advance.



Edited by CMEPCMEP - 17 Aug 2010 at 8:56am
IP IP Logged
vicj
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 10 Jun 2008
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4
Quote vicj Replybullet Posted: 17 Aug 2010 at 10:40am
I just completed a crude report, but I think it gives you what you want.  Knowing the mas90 files and where to find the different fields is 90% of the battle. 
 
Question:  In Inventory Reports, run the Detail Transaction Report, there is a column "Type".  This is the type of each transaction.  If I need to define the types I can, but maybe you know them already.  My question is, what "types" of transactions to you need to count on this report?  Just SO?  Which would be those items sold on Sales Order?
 
send me an email to:  vicjensen@sbcglobal.net and I'll send you the report to see if it is what you need.  Remember it is crude, but it can be fixed up nice.
 
Vicki
 
The only real security in life lies in relishing lifes insecurities.
IP IP Logged
vicj
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 10 Jun 2008
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4
Quote vicj Replybullet Posted: 17 Aug 2010 at 10:47am

One other thing that you need to investigate. 

In Inventory, Setup, Inventory Management Options, tab1.......
is the Retain Transaction History checked or unchecked?
The only real security in life lies in relishing lifes insecurities.
IP IP Logged
CMEPCMEP
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 26 Apr 2010
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 15
Quote CMEPCMEP Replybullet Posted: 17 Aug 2010 at 11:05am
Originally posted by vicj

One other thing that you need to investigate. 

In Inventory, Setup, Inventory Management Options, tab1.......
is the Retain Transaction History checked or unchecked?
 
Definite 10-4 on that.  (I am going to e-mail you.)
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum