Topic: Getting Percentages to show on a Line Chart Posted: 01 Jul 2022 at 8:22am
I am working on a report counting open and closed Work Orders.
I am trying to create a line chart to show the percentage of closed for each Quarter.
I have only been able to get the counts to show up.
When I try to do a formula for the percentage it is not a data option in the list when creating the chart.
Any assistance would be appreciated.
Joined: 29 Oct 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 1587
Posted: 05 Jul 2022 at 4:27am
It is hokey at best. But here is what I had to do. i created a formula that looks something like this.
sum({amount to be summed},{column breakdown)/sum({amount to be summed}
Depending on your data, you may need a check for zero (do not want to divide by zero).
Also I changed the axis able to be a percentage and the data label to be a percentage. There was a lot of trial and error until I got it to work. Lots of luck.
Thank you Kevlray.
I appreciate the assistance. You got me on the right track.
I just want to post the following for anyone else struggling with this.
Since I was only counting closed WO I created a formula for closed. Basically, it said if closed is True, then give me the WO #.
Since it was showing the WO # I had to do a distinct count instead of a summary. This gave me the correct value, but I was not able to get it to show the % sign on the chart.
I found the following information on google, which helped me to display the % sign in the legend
My final formula looked like this:
DistinctCount ({@closed}, {WorkOrder.RequestedOn}, "quarterly")% Count ({WorkOrder.WorkOrderKey}, {WorkOrder.RequestedOn}, "quarterly")/100
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot create polls in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum