Joined: 20 Nov 2006
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3702
Posted: 04 Apr 2013 at 10:44am
Did you change ALL of the NumberVars to CurrencyVars or are you converting the currency to numbers?
If I pm you my email address, can you send me a copy of the report where you've turned on Save Data on the file menu? That way I can take a look at it and either fix it or make suggestions for fixing it. What version of Crystal are you using?
Joined: 12 Jun 2014
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 48
Posted: 18 Jul 2018 at 7:10am
Hello hilfy,
I followed your steps and I have a question and a problem:
So I placed the GrandTotalInit in the group header where the subreport runs. Where do I place the GroupTotalInit?
On step number 4:
Global Numbervar GroupTotal;
GroupTotal := sum({myTable.TotalPrice});
GrandTotal
When I put that in the formula, it tells me "the remaining text does not appear to be part of the formula", and then highlights the "GrandTotal" in the last line. How do I fix this?
Joined: 29 Oct 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 1587
Posted: 18 Jul 2018 at 7:51am
FYI: on the formula
Global Numbervar GroupTotal;
GroupTotal := sum({myTable.TotalPrice});
GrandTotal
GrandTotal is not defined. Also I thought I saw on a previous post that Hiffy wanted you to suppress either the section or the sub-report. Either way if you suppress the section or the sub-report. The sub-report will not execute. There are ways around this issue if you do not want to see the sub-report.
Joined: 18 Jun 2019
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 10
Posted: 25 Jun 2019 at 12:49am
Please tell me what the ways are around an inability to suppress a subreport. I am bringing back totals to the main report and that is all I want to show, but in doing so I bring back the space required for the subreport. I have tried shrinking down the font size and reducing the subreport to a mere line, but in my grouping on my main report I still have these blocks of lines.
Joined: 29 Oct 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 1587
Posted: 25 Jun 2019 at 4:54am
There is a option to suppress a blank sub-report (Format Subreport, Subreport tab, Supprss Blank Subreport), then in the section expert where the sub-report is, Suppress Blank Section.
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot create polls in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum