| Author |
Message |
MLEL
Newbie
Joined: 31 Oct 2018
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 12
|

Posted: 14 Nov 2018 at 5:39am |
|
Well, I think I know what is wrong - I just don't know if I can make it work in Crystal Reports.
My details section is a grid where I have a series of formula fields set up to populate the grid. One class will have data scattered throughout the grid, occupying a distinct 5 cells of the 35 in the grid. The next class will have its distinct 5 cells in the grid and so on.
The details section is the bulk of the landscape oriented report. I am trying to populate a single details section with multiple records, not moving on until I have a new student ID. My guess is that since only one details section fits on the page, it is advancing to the next page to serially print out the next details section.
Is there a way to overlay a set of details sections, layering the courses over each other (there shouldn't be a conflict) to build up a full picture of all classes for a student? If I could have a details section for each block pattern and overlay them before advancing to the next page, it might work.
Thank you for your time.
|
IP Logged |
|
MLEL
Newbie
Joined: 31 Oct 2018
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 12
|

Posted: 19 Nov 2018 at 4:54am |
|
I believe I know why my report is behaving the way that it is. I am not sure if there is a solution I will like, lol.
I am trying to populate one, common detail section using multiple records. The reason I am getting only one record per page is because the grid layout of my details section is designed to only fit one per page. Of course it advances to the next page with the next input record. My bad.
Is there a way that I can populate a table (my grid) using multiple records but only print it when there is a key data change - the next student? Could I use the group footer section for something like that?
Thanks again for your time.
|
IP Logged |
|
MLEL
Newbie
Joined: 31 Oct 2018
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 12
|

Posted: 07 Dec 2018 at 9:32am |
|
Thank you to all who have taken the time to respond.
My problem is that I am trying to cull data from multiple records for a single detail line. It just isn't working.
I have tried to build my output as a group footer that prints with a group change, but that is also unsuccessful.
Is there an ability in Crystal Reports to build a two dimensional table and print that table upon a change at a group level? That way I can process all the needed records, formatting them in a table, to print them at a change in the student ID.
Is this possible?
Thanks.
Edited by MLEL - 07 Dec 2018 at 9:33am
|
IP Logged |
|