| Author |
Message |
precisionmed
Newbie
Joined: 17 May 2017
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 1
|

Topic: Formula Fields Not Showing as Grouping Option Posted: 28 Jun 2017 at 3:32pm |
|
Hi Guys,
I am having a problem grouping on a specific formula field. For some reason, when I create a new formula field, even before any code has been entered into it, no new formula field will show up as an available option to create a group on.
I've read that depending on the code that is inserted into the formula, it will show show up as an option to group on, but have never read what the criteria is, other than it cannot be a running total field.
Suffice it to say that the result of my field is very linear, in that it results in values based on IF-THEN statements that are very straight-forward. Yet it refuses to show up as an option to group on.
Any idea what's going on? I am using CR 2013 build 14.1.6.1702
Edited by precisionmed - 28 Jun 2017 at 3:50pm
|
IP Logged |
|
kevlray
Admin Group
Joined: 29 Oct 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 1587
|

Posted: 29 Jun 2017 at 9:57am |
|
The reason that a formula will not show up for grouping is because the formula contains a summary (or references another formula with a summary). A summary can be a sum, average, count, maximum, minimum,etc. There may be other cases, but that is the most common reason I can recall.
|
IP Logged |
|
DBlank
Moderator
Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
|

Posted: 03 Jul 2017 at 7:18am |
|
also certain function use like previous()/next() would not allow for any grouping.
If you post your formula someone might be able to assist more directly as to what in that formula is preventing the group usage.
|
IP Logged |
|