| Author |
Message |
Chris32
Newbie
Joined: 28 Jun 2016
Location: United Kingdom
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3
|

Topic: Formula Counting =False Values Posted: 17 Jan 2017 at 10:51pm |
|
Hi All,
I have a report that looks specifically for incidents which are currently out of SLA. The report then tally's these up and displays this in a crosstab.
Within the same report, I am also trying to query in a separate cross tab incidents which have not been updated within 14 days or longer. I created a separate formula to pull through these incidents. However once I put this in the cross tab, an additional field appears '0.00'. The cross tab is counting incidents which HAVE been updated as well as correctly identifying the incidents that don't. Is there a way I can supress the 0.00 field or something I can add into the formula to stop it being counted in the first place?
Formula:
if {inc_data.last_action_date} >= CurrentDate - 14 then {incident.incident_ref}
Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks,
Chris
|
IP Logged |
|
hilfy
Admin Group
Joined: 20 Nov 2006
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3702
|

Posted: 18 Jan 2017 at 4:16am |
|
In the Cross-tab expert, have you tried turning on the options to suppress empty rows and suppress empty columns?
-Dell
|
|
|
IP Logged |
|
Chris32
Newbie
Joined: 28 Jun 2016
Location: United Kingdom
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3
|

Posted: 18 Jan 2017 at 6:04am |
|
Thanks for the reply, I have tried this, however the problem is, it isn't showing as an empty row. If the incidents don't match the criteria and are false, the cross tab will assign the false records as 0.00 and perform a count on how many have equalled as false. It's trying to supress the false values within the cross tab if possible.
Thanks,
Chris
|
IP Logged |
|
hilfy
Admin Group
Joined: 20 Nov 2006
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3702
|

Posted: 18 Jan 2017 at 8:39am |
|
There are a couple of options. The easiest method would be to put this cross-tab in a subreport and only pull the data that meed the criteria. Or, you can use some more advanced cross-tab formatting using functions that access values in the current columns and rows of the cross-tab. For this you have to use the "Grid Value" functions that are only available when working directly with the cross-tab, such as in the suppression formula for the individual fields in the cross-tab.
-Dell
|
|
|
IP Logged |
|