| Author |
Message |
thummel1
Senior Member
Joined: 27 Apr 2012
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 140
|

Topic: Main report with sub report within sub report Posted: 14 Sep 2016 at 11:07am |
|
Hi, I'm using Crystal Reports 2011. Is it possible to have a main report, that brings in data from a sub report, that is bringing in data from another sub report?
I've tried this and unfortunately all the results com back with no data. I noticed when I pulled in the sub report to my main report, and I looked at the design view of my sub report, (hmm, how do I explain this) the "sub-sub" report I brought into my "sub" report is missing, but all the other field are there.
Maybe the question is simply, is this possible conceptually and if so, how do you pull it off? Thanks
Edited by thummel1 - 14 Sep 2016 at 11:07am
|
|
"Press any key to continue. Where's the 'Any' Key?" ~Homer Simpson
|
IP Logged |
|
kevlray
Admin Group
Joined: 29 Oct 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 1587
|

Posted: 14 Sep 2016 at 12:00pm |
|
Well I know that you cannot have a sub-report in a sub-report. But you can have multiple sub-reports and you can pass information from one sub-report to another sub-report via shared variables. Two things to remember. If you suppress the section that the sub-report is in, it will not run. Shared variable values will be populated in a section after the section the sub-report is in.
|
IP Logged |
|
thummel1
Senior Member
Joined: 27 Apr 2012
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 140
|

Posted: 15 Sep 2016 at 1:47am |
|
That's what I thought. I'll see if I can tackle this another way. Thank you!
|
|
"Press any key to continue. Where's the 'Any' Key?" ~Homer Simpson
|
IP Logged |
|