Joined: 09 Nov 2006
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2458
Posted: 09 Aug 2007 at 2:38pm
I'm glad it's working for you. However, I had no idea that it doesn't show up in the Report Expert. I'm printing this out so I can follow up on this in the latest CR versions. It's an interesting bug.
I hope you find the book helpful!
Please support the forum! Tell others by linking to it on your blog or website:<a href="http://www.crystalreportsbook.com/forum/">Crystal Reports Forum</a>
Joined: 09 Nov 2006
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2458
Posted: 10 Aug 2007 at 1:21pm
Well, I need to actually see what you are doing. I have two code listings on page 145 (although very much the same), and what part of the line is highlighted when you get the error? Plus, this example is in Basic syntax and not Crystal syntax.
Please support the forum! Tell others by linking to it on your blog or website:<a href="http://www.crystalreportsbook.com/forum/">Crystal Reports Forum</a>
Joined: 07 Aug 2007
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9
Posted: 11 Aug 2007 at 6:08pm
Brian,
I updated the image with the highlighted text. As you can tell by the image that I have selected Basic Syntax. It seems that formula can not equal a date range if you substitute the date range with a Date Range function such as MonthToDate the follow error is returned.
I was trying to use your example and save it as a formula to be inserted into the Page Header Section and see the desired date ranges.
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot create polls in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum