Joined: 07 Jun 2010
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 7
Topic: Is it worth it? Posted: 05 Nov 2010 at 11:07am
I have been working with CR 2008 for about 4 months now and I have a CR 2008 for Dummies book and that has gotten me better acquainted with CR. However, now that my boss can see the "benefits" of reporting in CR...he wants more.
I don't want to pay for the training myself although the knowledge will look good on a resume . Before I ask him to pay for it...I need to know if it is worth the $200.
Joined: 09 Nov 2006
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2458
Posted: 07 Nov 2010 at 2:13pm
Hi Jeff,
If you're finding that you are having trouble writing the reports that your boss needs, then the training can definitely give you lots of new ideas for how to use all the features of Crystal Reports. If you can handle all the report requests that your boss gives you, they just seem a bit complicated, then you could probably keep doing what you're doing and be fine.
But it never hurts to get training when you're new to any software package. I'm learning ASP.NET MVC right now and just bought some videos. I found that I learned new tips and tricks in the areas I thought that I already knew pretty well.
Brian
Please support the forum! Tell others by linking to it on your blog or website:<a href="http://www.crystalreportsbook.com/forum/">Crystal Reports Forum</a>
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot create polls in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum