Joined: 04 Nov 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 123
Topic: Can I use a Formula in a Parameter field? Posted: 30 Mar 2010 at 7:04am
I was asked to create two reports that group info by certain weekdays. Instead of creating two separate reports my plan is to create one report and prompt the user for which group they want to view. One group is Tue-Thur. The second is Fri-Sat. They want to look at this data separately. So I create two simple formula like this: Formula1 DayOfWeek({FixedSites2009.Date}) in [3,4,5] and Formula2 DayOfWeek({FixedSites2009.Date}) in [6,7]
So can I create a parameter or some type of select statement that prompts the user when they launch the report to choose one or the other?
Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Posted: 30 Mar 2010 at 7:13am
You cannot use a formula to define a dynamic param but you can create a param that you just add the strings of 'Tu-Th' and 'Fr-Sa' then in your select expert:
({?Param}='Tu-Th' and DayOfWeek({FixedSites2009.Date}) in [3,4,5])
or
({?Param}='Fr-Sa' and DayOfWeek({FixedSites2009.Date}) in [6,7])
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot create polls in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum