Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports for Visual Studio 2005 and Newer : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Crystal Report Tutorial Post Reply Post New Topic
calvinkwoo3000

Online Status: Offline
Quote calvinkwoo3000 Replybullet Topic: Crystal Report Tutorial
    Posted: 09 Jan 2007 at 2:34am
I am newbie to Crystal Report, can any suggestion that where can i have a basic tutorial for create crytal report??
Thanks
IP IP Logged
BrianBischof
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote BrianBischof Replybullet Posted: 09 Jan 2007 at 9:21am
Right now I have free book chapters/tutorials online for Crystal Reports XI and CR.NET 2003. I don't have any for 2005 up yet. However, there aren't a lot of differences and a lot of the steps for designing reports is the same for all applications. So you should get good information here if you look through the rest of the site.

Edited by BrianBischof - 09 Jan 2007 at 9:23am
Please support the forum! Tell others by linking to it on your blog or website:<a href="http://www.crystalreportsbook.com/forum/">Crystal Reports Forum</a>
IP IP Logged
emoreau

Quote emoreau Replybullet Posted: 09 Jan 2007 at 9:44am
HTH

Eric Moreau
MCSD, Visual Developer - Visual Basic MVP
IP IP Logged
KMeyer

Quote KMeyer Replybullet Posted: 09 Jan 2007 at 6:19pm
I am also new and have spent a lot of time over the last two weeks in google on the topic. Most of the examples out there are for Visual Studio 2003. I have ordered Brian's original book locally here in Oz which should arrive in a few days.

You may also find this link usefull

and this

which also has an updated version of the help file online that shipped with VS 2005.

This site is also a great reference site for most topics

I am not big on documentation/walk throughs where the writer has taken the easy approach and not included example screen dumps.

There is huge interest out there in MS Reporting Services at the moment, (everyone appears to be on the bandwagon) which I had initially looked at with their reportviewer and purchased a leading manual. But not everyone wants to drag around MS Sql in their applications to get basic reporting functionality in a web site. So far I have found the Crystal reports the better of the two for what I am doing.  Smile

Regards
Kim
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version