Tips and Tricks
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2020 : Tips and Tricks
Message Icon Topic: Aged Report Post Reply Post New Topic
muddasirmunir

Online Status: Offline
Quote muddasirmunir Replybullet Topic: Aged Report
    Posted: 22 Apr 2010 at 11:28pm
Can some body please guide me How can we create aging (recieveable) report in Crystal Report. I am not able to think how can i achieve this. Even you can just told me logically how to achieve this that can help me.

Also if you know some websites where we can see examples of crystal report created ,that also help us to learn a lot.

Edited by muddasirmunir - 23 Apr 2010 at 9:15pm
IP IP Logged
lockwelle

Online Status: Offline
Quote lockwelle Replybullet Posted: 27 Apr 2010 at 3:41am
I am guessing that you are aging invoices against payments.  Basically, you gather the invoices, and you gather the payments for each invoice, and subtract the payments from the invoice.  what is left over is what is being aged.  Usually, the age is from the day the invoice was issued or past due, and you would count the days.  If the invoice is paid in full by the payments, it drops off the aging as of its paid date.  If it is overpaid, it would still be on the aging, but as a credit to the customer...as would payments that have been received but not applied any particular invoice.

There are other minutae associated with aging, but that is the fundamentals.  I use stored procedures to create the table and figure out how much is owed as the process is usually more than can be done in 1 select statement, and that is CR's limit.

HTH
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version